We love books! In fact we have books all over the house!
One of our favourite book nooks is the “Book Basket!”
This little basket changes with the seasons, special occasions or whatever theme takes the fancy of “My Pigeon Pair.”
In our “book basket” we have a mix of genres and types of books. Some board books with real life pictures for little hands and minds, some longer stories just waiting to be read aloud and some easy books for emerging readers. This is just a little collection we have found mainly from Big W who are great when it comes to releasing “themed” books at different times of the year. You could also include magazines, worksheets, colouring books, brochures anything they can “read”!!!
The book basket moves from place to place in our house. It has been found;
- On a low shelf in the playroom for easy access and independent exploring.
- In the playroom as part of a themed display (add some toys to the display) we added a real life caterpillar we caught when we were exploring all things bugs!
- On the playroom craft table for creating and copying text to make our own books!
- On the “Great Wall of Ikea” in the loungeroom to bring books into our home decor.
- On a bedroom bedside table for special occasions! Surprise your child with some specially selected books just for them before they go to bed.