This where I admit, that over the years, as a teacher, I have destroyed a small forest with the amount of paperI have sent home. The discussing, planning, seeking approval, writing, editing, copying, sending home of notes only to be often asked to replace them because they have been lost between school and home!
I can not stress enough how important it is as a parent to……..
KEEP TRACK OF THE PAPER THAT COMES HOME FROM SCHOOL!
Other wise you may miss important occasions, get the middle of the night parent teacher interview time or even worse your child misses an excursion!
Master O is yet to start school and already we have a folder full of paper! That’s right a whole folder! I mentioned it briefly when we set up our Organisation Station but here is how our “SCHOOL FILE IT FOLDER” works.
First there is a system.
- READ. Check for notes DAILY. Check bags, lunchboxes, communication books and if you can the school website.
- WRITE. Write down ALL DATES immediately. We write them on our family calendar and in my “Inner B Mum Organiser” Be sure to write in your diary when the note needs returning AND when the event is taking place.
- ACT. What do you need to with this information?
- Does it need returning? If it does, fill it out and put it back in their school bag immediately!
- Do you need it for future reference? File it away in your “SCHOOL FILE IT FOLDER”
- Do you need to tell anybody else about the event?
- Organise different pick up arrangements or a day off work?
SCHOOL FILE IT FOLDER
This folder acts as a file for ALL IMPORTANT pieces of paper that come home from school. You can expect the following kinds of notes.
- Enrolment Forms
- Student Handbooks
- Uniform Lists
- Book Lists
- Tuckshop Menu’s
- Newsletters – School
- Newsletters – Class
- School Contact Details
- Fee Statements
- Special Days and Celebrations
- Calendar of Events
- Curriculum Information
- Parent Contact Details
Do you see what I mean about a lot of paper!!!!
HOW TO SET IT UP
- An A4 Ring Binder
- Plastic Pockets
- Subject dividers with clear insertable tabs. (Extra Wide)
- Clear Plastic Pocket with Velcro closure
- Label maker