Somehow between my first year of blogging, working part time, kindy drop offs and being a part time stay at home mum I managed to complete a few organising projects in 2011. Some were big, some small, but they all have had a HUGE impact on how we live our lives.
This was a HUGE job. Our pantry had NEVER been organised. It was full of expired lurkers at the back and general chaos at the front. Nothing had a place and no systems existed. After a little shopping for some container ideas and a few days culling, sorting and ordering we had a “new” pantry! This project was life changing and I am very happy to say that thanks to all the containers it has stayed organised!!!
This was another BIG project. The bathroom was a dumping zone. A hundred bottles of deoderant, messy make up and things that just don’t belong in a bathroom! The drawers have needed reorganising a few times but the cupboards have stayed organised!
I literally think about this life changer every day! This bag never leaves my side and thanks to it’s brilliant design I am always organised and can find everything at my finger tips!
The Organisation Station took a few attempts to get it right! We are still working on keeping this system going but it works. Most of all having the one family calendar has been a life saver!
If there was a time to get emotional it was all about the wardrobe. The culling of the oh so gorgeous baby clothes is enough to make anyone cry and I had whole containers of it! But the end product of weeks of work was two sorted and organised wardrobe’s with some great systems in place to keep them that way!!!
- The school zone – A place to keep under control the mountain of paper work associated with a little one at school, a place to do homework, to keep home readers and to get organised for learning.
- A bag zone – For handbags, swimming bags, beach bags, grocery bags!
- Outdoor Equipment – A way to store all of that outdoor craft and play equipment and some much needed play area makeovers!
- The Linen Closet – A final solution for this space
- The Entryway – A system for when we enter the house and to beautify the area!
- Two picture boxes – Two picture boxes that are bland and one that is a dumping ground for keys!
- Two photo galleries – Finally getting around to creating some family photo display areas!
- A Display area – A seasonal area to display trinkets and pictures.
Oh I could go on for ever!!!! But there you have it the projects of 2011 are inspiring me to continue on into 2012!!!
What needs organising or beautifying at your place?