As the sorting, culling and crying comes to an end, I am ready to start organising the clothes that do fit the kids. I am lucky enough to have both shelves and hanging space in their wardrobes. But I could always do with some pinspiration as to how to keep the space ORGANISED!
This looks very similar to the ELFA storage system from Howards storage world. Such a clever personalised storage system. Love those clear drawer and itsy bitsy hanging racks!
Those gorgeous baskets would be great for underwear, socks, singlets, hats, togs…you know those small items that always look messy?
This is an easy one to imitate as I have seen this exact unit at IKEA! Its great because once again it makes use of the space under hanging clothes by using drawers and baskets. It could also be used in a room that does not have a built in wardrobe!
This is very inxpensive and yet very effective way to organise a wardrobe, especially for a little one and if you don’t have drawers.
Two siblings in one room? This would be perfect! It even has a spot for shoes!
Why should the kids have all the fun, oops I mean organised wardrobe space. Totally unrealistic but worth a dream and drool.
What’s the purpose of all this “pinspiration”? Most of these set ups are unrealistic ad expensive but they offer some great ideas. Heres what I am taking form these pictures.
1. Use the space under childrens hanging clothes. Childrens clothes are short and this leaves a lot of space under clothes, a great spot for some drawers, baskets or even adding another clothes rail.
2. Little items are best stored in baskets or containers.
3. Some items are best stored on shelves, if you don’t have shelves the hanging organisers are perfect.
4. Coathangers of the same colour make the wardrobe look less cluttered. As does a huge cull of what your children wear! None of these wardrobes are overflowing with clothes!
5. Neatly folded clothes costs you nothing and looks amazingly neat and tidy.
So now I need baskets, coathangers, neatly folded clothes and a few hours of uninterrupted time. Not quite sure how that last will happen with my Pigeon Pair around! Stay tuned!
To see my board of ”wardrobe” pins go to.…http://pinterest.com/MyPigeonPair/wardrobe/
Linking up with