As any new Mum can atest there is nothing like a good nights sleep. I can’t tell you how many nights I have spent counting how many hours or even minutes of sleep I plan to get, will get or didn’t get. We have wrapped babies, played white noise, rocked, patted, bounced and willed babies to sleep.
Third time around I am trying some new tactics. The first one being a swaddle! I have wrapped both Master O and Little Miss A when it was sleep time and found I had no end of problems. Escape artists, unwrapping and rewrapping between feeds, wraps that never seem to be the right shape or size, babies being wrapped and still managing to kick blankets off! We have experienced it all. So once our newest arrival was here I called for help on our Facebook page. What could I do differently this time? The overwhelming answer from our community was a SWADDLE!
A Love To Dream Swaddle UP.
The Love to Dream team also read my cries for help and sent me “Swaddle UP” to put to the test.
After a good laugh at how our big buddha baby looked all snug as a bug we put him to bed. From that first night on I found he slept for longer between feeds and also was able to resettle more quickly after a feed! Brilliant!
So what do I love about this product?
- The Startle Stopper. Love To Swaddle UP has a unique design that helps calm the startle reflex. You know that sudden jerky movement the baby does with its arms that “startles” them! Well by having their arms wrapped it calms the reflex allowing them to stay asleep!
- Arms up. Unlike wrapping, the Love to Dream Swaddle UP allows babies to sleep in their natural position with their arms up. Our bub was already an arms up sleeper so this swaddle was perfect! It also allowed him to suck on his hand which he loves!
- No escaping! The swaddle also offers an easier, safer way for babies to sleep as it reduces the risk of them wriggling out or getting tangled in loose wrapping.
- The twin zipper. It was just so easy to do a midnight nappy change! His arms and body could stay warm and snug whilst I only had to unzip the bottom!
- Works with the weather. We live in South East Queensland. With an April baby we have experienced warm nights AND Freezing mornings all in the space of a week. I love that I could put him in the normal swaddle on average nights and then layer him up in the Love to Layer On Merino when it got cooler! This meant there was no need for blankets!
Possibly the only con was that he outgrew it so quickly! We are already into the next size! But then again he is one big baby (6.3kgs and 64cms at 2 months) and very broad across the shoulders .
Love to Swaddle UP is available in a range of styles, sizes and colours.
I can only dream what it would have been like to have this product for my previous two babies. It’s on my baby shower gift list for all pregnant friends!
and because caring is sharing…..
I have a Love To Swaddle UP to giveaway to one lucky reader.
Just enter via rafflecopter below and tell me…
What feature of the Swaddle UP would you love the most?